Thursday, May 26, 2011

Victoria's Secret In Store Semi-Annual Sale PREVIEW

This is a review of the 
Memorial Day sale
(preview of the in store semi-annual sale)
 that just popped up in Victoria's Secret stores! When I got the email, I told myself not to get excited because it couldn't be a major sale. I was still... a little too excited :)
Imagine RuPaul purring in your ear when you strut inside, "You. Own. Everything."
The email highlights $19.99+ bras, $3.99+ panties, and $9.99+ PINK. At the stores I visited, my favorite category of those 3 was bras. The bra bins were quite limited. There were not very many in each size, but I did notice lots of pretty colors & prints. Not boring stuff like cotton collection. The bras in the bins regularly retail for prices up through $60. 


I saw the trademark Sexy Little Things balconet demi bras, along with other SLTs. Very Sexy push-ups were there along with BioFits. A couple of Angels. Now that I think of it, there were a few of all the usual suspects that you would expect to be plentiful at the semi-annual.


But this is definitely only a PREVIEW. Again, the selection was very limited where I was. Victoria's Secret is not doing this sale as a blow-out affair. Very few items are in the sale bins, and they are placed around the store in strange areas because the point is for you to walk around & end up grabbing regular-priced merchandise. That's Marketing 101. Perhaps the selection is much better in very large stores like Manhattan locations? But not where I was. Also note that there weren't any basic colors (white, nude, black). Generally, those basics don't appear much in the semi-annual sale period.


I didn't spend any time looking at panties, and PINK was lame! Tiny selection of pj pants, sleep tops, and lame sweatshirts. Not much variation, and icky colors. Oh well, saved some money there :)
Alessandra is happy that I saved money :) Is she a doll or what?
Final verdict: considering the price of gas, do NOT make a special trip to the store for this preview sale. If you are already at the mall for something else, go ahead and stop by to check out the merch. Don't expect to find a specific style/color combo that you have your heart set on. This is more of a browse and be surprised thing. Fair warning--aimless shopping might end up with you falling in love with something at full price.


If you are staying at home, check out MY sale on yardsellr :) No need to leave your house to find a killer deal on gorgeous VS lingerie & the cutest PINK gear.

1 comment:

  1. I am just mad about Victoria Secret!!! Nice sale!!! I will definetly get something!!!

    ReplyDelete